The Center for Infrastructure Assurance and Security (CIAS) at the University of Texas at San Antonio has been provided scholarship funds by the Alamo Chapter of the Armed Forces Communications Electronics Association (AFCEA) to be used for the benefit of students at the university pursuing a security concentration, minor, or degree.
The AFCEA Cyber Security Scholarship funds will be awarded in the fall semester of each year as follows: Two $2500 scholarships will be awarded to sophomore level students. Four $5000 scholarships will be awarded to junior, senior, or graduate students. Each award will be divided and distributed in two equal payments: one for the fall semester and one for the spring semester. Scholarship recipients must meet the qualifications as described below. The Scholarship may be received more than once and recipients are encouraged to reapply for subsequent years as long as they maintain the required grade point average and remain enrolled in qualifying curricula.
Application Deadline 31 March 2017
* Must be enrolled on a full-time basis as an undergraduate or graduate student and be actively pursuing a degree, minor, or concentration in computer security or information assurance at UTSA
* Must have two letters of recommendation.
* Must be a U.S. Citizen.
* Must have a minimum of a 2.8 GPA (for sophomore applicants), a
* 3.0 GPA (for junior and senior applicants) or a 3.2 GPA (for graduate applicants).
* Undergraduate sophomore level recipients must have completed a minimum of 24 credit hours, junior level recipients must have completed a minimum of 54 credit hours, and senior level recipients must have completed a minimum of 84 credit hours toward their degree at the time the scholarship funds are disbursed. Graduate recipients must be enrolled in a graduate program at UTSA.
* Preference will be given to students who are members of any UTSA team participating in one or more of the various cyber security related collegiate competitions such as CCDC, DC3, or Panoply.
* Preference will be given to students enrolled in ROTC, active members of the armed services, and their immediate families, and veterans of the armed services. Military affiliated applicants, other than ROTC students, must attach a copy of a current military photo ID or other appropriate documentation as proof. Students who are enrolled in ROTC should be non-scholarship ROTC cadets.
How to apply:
* Preference will be given to students who are members of AFCEA.
Fill out the Application and submit it to the address below by the application deadline. Letters of recommendation should also be sent to the address below. All application materials must be received by the Scholarship Committee in the Department of Computer Science by 31 March 2017. Applicants will be reviewed by the Award Committee. Successful applicants will be notified by email and mail.
For more information or to apply for this scholarship please contact:
Department of Computer Science
The University of Texas at San Antonio
One UTSA Circle
San Antonio, TX 78249
210-458-4436, 210-458-4437 (fax)