Edward Engates Memorial Scholarship
The Edward Engates Memorial Scholarship was donated by the Engates Family in memory of Edward Engates. The award will be in the amount of $2,000 ($1000 per semester).
- Must be enrolled on a full-time basis (minimum of 12 credit hours) as an undergraduate and actively pursuing a degree in computer science at UTSA
- Must have completed 60 or more semester hours of credit
- Must have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Must be a US citizen or permanent resident
- Must have two recommendations from UTSA Computer Science faculty members (one of whom must be a full-time faculty member)
- Must write a one page essay describing yourself, your specific goals and how you plan to pursue those goals during and after college.
Among equally qualified applicants:
- Preference may be shown to those who demonstrate financial need as determined by the UTSA Office of Student Financial Aid
- Preference should be given to female students who are graduates of San Antonio area high schools.
How to apply
All application materials must be received by the Scholarship Committee in the Department of Computer Science by March 31.
Applicants will be reviewed by the Award Committee. Successful applicants will be notified by email and mail.
For more information or to apply for this scholarship please contact:
Department of Computer Science
The University of Texas at San Antonio
One UTSA Circle
San Antonio, TX 78249
210-458-4436, 210-458-4437 (fax)