Michael Maltrud Memorial Scholarship
The Michael Maltrud Memorial Scholarship was donated by the Maltrud Family in memory of Michael Maltrud, a UTSA Department of Computer Science doctoral student and undergraduate instructor since 2001. The award will be in the amount of $1,500 ($750 per semester).
- Must be enrolled on a full-time basis (minimum of 12 credit hours) as an undergraduate and actively pursuing a degree in computer science at UTSA
- Must have completed 60 or more semester hours of credit
- Must have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Must be a US citizen
- Must have two recommendations from UTSA Computer Science faculty members (one of whom must be a full-time faculty member)
- Must write a one page essay describing yourself and your goals.
Among equally qualified applicants:
- Primary preference will be given to graduates of Marshall High School, San Antonio, Texas.
- Additional preference will be given to those who demonstrate financial need as determined by the UTSA Office of Student Financial Aid
How to apply
All application materials must be received by the Scholarship Committee in the Department of Computer Science by March 31.
Applicants will be reviewed by the Award Committee. Successful applicants will be notified by email and mail.
For more information or to apply for this scholarship please contact:
Department of Computer Science
The University of Texas at San Antonio
One UTSA Circle
San Antonio, TX 78249
210-458-4436, 210-458-4437 (fax)