DrJava for Home
To use DrJava, you also need to install Java 7, specifically you
need to install the Java 7 JDK (Java SE Development Kit). If
DrJava complains that you don't have a compiler, that is because you
have not installed the Java 7 JDK. Both Java 7 and DrJava are
available at no cost. If you wish to obtain copies and install
them on your home machine, follow these steps.
- Obtain the Software
- Install Java 7
- To use DrJava, you need to install Java 7.
- Download a copy of the latest JDK onto your desktop. [If
you download Java 7 from the Sun Java web site, it should have a name
- Double-click on the JDK.
Do not blindly
follow the recommended installation because you likely do
not want the Ask Toolbar or the McAfee Security Scanner.
- Install DrJava
- Put a copy of drjava-stable-20120818-r5686.exe
on your desktop.
- Double-click on the icon to start DrJava.
- DrJava documentation is available at the DrJava web site.