The intent is for you to learn how to submit everything in the first few lessons. After that, if you forget to include a document, it is on you, so please
check to make sure you have included everything with your submission. With the exception of the abstract, you have unlimited submissions for your assignments,
so you can always resubmit. Please ask the instructor, a TA or a tutor for help.
LESSON GRADING POLICY
- For lessons graded on a five point scale (lessons 2, 3, 5, 9, 10 and 13).
- Need to complete all of the examples and exercises to get full credit. Questions that aren't code (such as bullet points/paragraphs) need to
be included as comments (following a % sign)
- For lessons 1-3 only, if the submission is turned in on time, and is a legitimate attempt, the grader
will make notes in the comments about which item is incorrect, but not what the right answer is. You have the option
to correct and re hand in one more time and must be submitted within one week or by the date listed by the grader, of being graded.
This second attempt will be regraded as though this was a first time hand in before the due date. You are
free (and encouraged) to get help from the tutors to do the correction. If you fail to check this this, the extra time is NOT extended to a week
after you find it, so it behooves you to routinely check. Ask a tutor to show you how to read the rubrics if you're not familiar.
Hand-in after the due date
- You get 2.0 point (40%) penalty off the top for the first 24 hours and an additional 10% per day penalty, unless coordinated in advance via email with the instructor/TA.
Hybrid class lesson submissions - remaining lessons
Hybrid classes submit ALL lessons, whereas the traditional courses only submit 6 (3 before the midterm exam and 3 after and listed above).
These additional lessons must be submitted by the due date listed in Blackboard (on the calendar), and you should complete the
Lesson Module with each one. These additional lessons are on a one point scale. Same late penalty as for other lessons.
LAB GRADING POLICY
- Graded on a 20 point scale.
- Be sure to publish and zip everything. If there is a document to be included, make sure it is in the
directory (and closed) before zipping.
- 10% (2 points) per day late, unless coordinated in advance via email with the instructor/TA, then the cutoff date applies.
- After cut-off for lab (no credit).
- Cut-off for labs 1 and 2 is 24 hours before the midterm exam at midnight.
- Cut-off for labs 3 and 4 is 2 weeks before the last day of class, or one week after lab 4 submission, whichever is later.