Changing your Unix Password
- Start the ssh shell client:
Start -> All Programs -> SSH Secure Shell -> Secure Shell Client
- Push "Enter"
- Fill in Host Name, one of: elk01, elk02, elk03, elk04 ...
- User Name: you login name
- Leave the other fields with their default settings
- Push "Connect"
- If you get a "first time" window, click "Yes"
- Enter your password: iniitally the last 8 digits of your UTSA ID
- Once connected, type:
- Fill in your initial password when requested
- Fill in your new password (twice)
- Push "Enter" again and try to log in using your new password.
- If you cannot get this to work, stay after class.