CS3733: Operating Systems
||Dr. Dakai Zhu
||Tuesday/Thurday: 11:30am - 12:45 pm
|| NPB 1.202
||Xueling Zhang (email@example.com); Office hours: Tuesday 2pm-5pm in CS Main lab
|| Mohammedelfatih E. Abaker (firstname.lastname@example.org)
||Tuesday 2pm-3pm; Thursday 10am to 11am; or by appointment.
- 2018.03.20: Assign-3: due Friday (March 30, 2018), midnight!!
- 2018.02.27: Assign-2: extended to Monday (March 5), midnight!!
- 2018.02.20: HW-5 due on Thursday before class! Midterm I is on Thursday Feb. 22 (during class)!!
- 2018.02.01: HW-3 due before class on Feb. 6, and Assignment-1 due Feb. 9 (next Friday)!!
- 2018.01.20: A0 was extended to Sunday midnight; Starting with Homework-02, please submit on Blackboard as well!
- 2018.01.09: First lecture! Welcome to CS3733.001!
| Class Schedule/Notes (tentative and subject to changes)
There will be NO recitation during the first week of class; The schedule of the recitation is tentative;
- Week-02: Recitation A: Using the system
- Week-03: Recitation B: Timing and static variables
- Week-04: Recitation C1: Context-Switching and Process Scheduling FIFO
- Week-05: Recitation C2: Process Scheduling SJF, PR, RR with a given quantum
- Week-06: continue recitation C
Week-07: Qustion and answer session! Midterm Exam I;
- Week-08: Recitation D: Named pipes and reading from multiple file/pipe descriptors
- Week-09: Continue with Recitation D
Week-10: Spring Break!
Week-11: Practices with Questions and Answers on Memory Management!
Recitation E: POSIX Threads
Week-13: Qustion and answer session! Midterm Exam II
- Week-14 (and 15):
Recitation F: POSIX Mutex Locks
- Week-15 (and 16):
Recitation H: Network Communication using UICI
Programming Assignments (codes need to be submitted on BlackBoard):
| Homework (Please submit the electronic copy on Blackboard!)
Course materials are based on the ones kindly provided by Dr. Steve Robbins